Monday, February 6, 2012

Pretty Cool Goals

I'm sitting next to a young woman in a cafe who is blind. She's typing on a computer and has earphones that let her know what she's typing. I know this because she asked me for the wifi password and I then watched her type it and she confirmed that it worked without looking at the screen.

Her seeing eye dog is waiting patiently under her chair. A very cute white lab that I would very much like to pet.

After I ate my lunch,(tomato soup and tomato mozzarella sandwich) she got a phone call. I'm guessing by the tone that she's talking to a boyfriend.

In any case, she mentions casually that soon she's running a half marathon. She clarifies for her partner that the half marathon is coming up soon and that the triathlon is a few months after.

Pretty cool goals.

After she hung up the phone, I had the pleasure of speaking with her. She told me a bit about her sporting pursuits. She also mentioned that she's tracking her progress on a blog. She explained that she wants to learn about tumbler, so she's using this project to do so. As we chatted some more, she told me that she is actually a tour guide. She facilitates tours of the city where everyone is blindfolded. I'm looking forward to checking this out at some point.

Before she took off, she let me pet her dog.

Eliza's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment